Monday, March 15, 2010

Progress

Well, we made some significant progress on the T's Room... second coat of paint is up, touch-ups are completed, and the chair rail is up. I have a little bit of touch up to do (wood putty to fill in the nails and paint it to match the rest of the trim in the house), but all in all it looks wonderful!!  At least I am we are pleased with how it has turned out.  For now I am leaving the one wall bare, I think that the brown and the chair rail have added enough to the room, without the need for stripes or diamonds on one wall.
I hope to swap out the futon for the conversion crib this week/weekend.  And get a crib/toddler mattress for it, so that I can set it up as a toddler bed before the home study (on March 27th).  I've also picked out the bedding... it took forever to find something that wasn't exculsively for a baby, a boy, or a girl.  I know that there is plenty out there that is labeled "unisex" but when you really look at it, it either looks like something for a nursery or still somewhat girlie!  I really wanted something that would fit our age range (infant to 6 years old), and I am sorry but Bunnies just do not go with a 5 year old boy's bedroom.  So, I settled on the Dr. Seuss (thanks J!) ABC bed in a bag... it comes with top sheet, bottom sheet, pillow case, and quilt:
I really like the other items that they have, but think could be just too much of one theme.  I am hoping to accent the room with the colors in the polka dots (red, yellow, green, blue, etc.).  And maybe even find some Dr. Suess wall art... most likey I'll draw/paint something and frame them (yes, I have some artistic talent).  Oh, I have plenty of time to accessorize!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...